Homemade Blackened Seasoning
This Homemade Blackened Seasoning is bold with flavor and a hint of spice. Use Blackening spices to add authentic Cajun flavors to your recipes and serve the best Blackened fish, chicken, steak and veggies ever!
Servings 5 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon paprika sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or fine Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder use more if you want it spicier
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Store in an airtight container in a cool pantry for up to a year.
- This spice mix recipe is gluten-free, dairy free and sugar free.
- If you don’t have smoked paprika, increase the amount of sweet paprika.
- This recipe makes about 5 1/2 tablespoons of blackening spice mix. You can double or triple the recipe if you want.
Calories: 18kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1556IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg