Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Crumb Bars
These Lemon Blueberry Crumb Bars have a tender, buttery streusel crust and topping with a creamy lemon cheesecake filling studded with juicy blueberries. These dessert bars are incredibly easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.
Servings 16 servings
For the Cheesecake Bars
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 (8- ounces) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
Make the Cheesecake Bars
Melt the butter in the microwave. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Beat with a hand held mixer until well blended.
Press about 2/3 of this mixture into the bottom of the baking pan to create the bottom crust.
In a mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and the sugar together until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add the remaining egg, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Beat until well combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Top with the blueberries.
Pinch small pieces of the remaining cake mixture and distribute them evenly over the blueberries.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.
Make the Glaze
Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. You want to reach a pourable consistency. Add additional powdered sugar or lemon juice as needed.
Remove from the oven and drizzle the glaze over the cheesecake while it is still warm.
Cool completely and refrigerate for about 30 to 45 minutes so the bars set and are easier to cut.
Remove from the fridge and lift the baked cheesecake using the excess parchment paper as handles. Cut into bars and serve.
- Lemons: 1 medium-size lemon yields approximately 1 tablespoon of lemon zest and 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (depending on size).
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator before removing them from the baking pan and slicing them.
- Bars stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. You can freeze the bars for about 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Use full fat cream cheese for best results.
Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 239IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg