Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad
This Ramen Noodle Salad is easy to make, light, fresh and delicious. Coleslaw, crunchy noodles, mandarin oranges, edamame and almonds are tossed in a flavorful Asian Sesame vinaigrette. This Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is the perfect dish to serve at parties and potlucks.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 (3 ounces) packages of ramen noodles, cumbled (any flavor - we won't use the seasoning package)
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) bag of coleslaw mix *see notes
- 1 (8 ounce) bag edamame, shelled and thawed
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), sliced thinly (about 5 - 6 scallions)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 avocado. pitted, peeled and sliced (optional)
Asian Sesame Dressing
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup oil (olive oil, vegetable oil or avocado oil)
To Make the Asian Sesame Vinaigrette
For the Salad
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
On a baking sheet, spread the crumbled ramen noodles and sliced almonds.
Bake for about 5 - 7 minutes, tossing once until the ramen noodles and the almonds are slightly toasted and golden. Keep an eye on them, they toast fast! especially the almonds.
Remove from the oven and set aside
Add the coleslaw mix, edamame, scallions and mandarin oranges to a large bowl. Add the ramen noodles/almonds mixture.
Add the vinaigrette and sesame seeds and toss until well combined.
Serve and enjoy!
If using avocado, please see the notes
- To make your own homemade coleslaw mix, you will need 6 to 7 cups of shredded cabbage and 1 carrot shredded.
- Add the avocado when you are ready to serve the salad.
- At home we serve the avocado slices on the side. When mixed in, the avocado can get a bit mushy.
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 548mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 0.9mg