Easter Bird’s Nest Funfetti Cookies
This recipe for soft-baked and chewy Bird's Nest Funfetti cookies is easy to make and the perfect Easter treat! These colorful and fun cake mix cookies are topped with Cadbury eggs and lots of pastel sprinkles.
Servings 12 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (regular/full fat)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 15.25 ounces Funfetti cake mix or white cake mix
- Sprinkles (pastels or easter colors)
- Mini chocolate Eggs (like Cadbury)
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies (only if using white cake mix)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Add the egg, vanilla extract and salt and beat to combine.
Stir in the cake mix and beat until combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
If using rainbow jimmies, fold in with a spatula.
Shape the dough into 1 inch balls or use a 1 inch ice cream scoop for convenience.
Roll the cookie dough balls into the sprinkles or simply top with extra sprinkles. Place the dough balls on the prepared baking pan, about 1.5 to 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately push the chocolate eggs in the middle of the cookie. Carefully place the cookies on a cooling rack. Allow to cool before serving.
- Make sure the cream cheese and butter are at room temperature. The ingredients will blend easily that way.
- For convenience, scoop the cookie dough with a 1-inch ice cream scoop.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared baking pan, about 1.5 to 2 inches apart. They will spread a bit while baking.
- If you use white cake mix and would like to add your own sprinkles, make sure you use jimmies which are little rods. Don't use nonpareils which are little tiny balls. Nonpareils bleed in the batter turning the cookie dough into weird colors.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate as it will change depending on the brand of cake mix you use.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 34mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg