Southwestern Chicana Chicken
This Southwestern Chicana Chicken only requires a few ingredients to deliver full flavor! A simple meal that will make your taste buds sing!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 15-ounces can stewed tomatoes, (original or Mexican recipe)
- 2-4 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
Place the stewed tomatoes with their juices in a blender and puree until smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep, lidded skillet. Add the onions and green bell peppers and saute stirring often for about 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Add the garlic and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Add the chicken into the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often.
Add the blended stewed tomatoes into the skillet and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low, add the hot sauce and cover. Cook on low for about 10 minutes. Uncover, add the chopped cilantro and adjust the seasoning to your taste. Serve
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 512mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 24.1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 0.6mg