Homemade Pumpkin Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
This Homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe is made with a buttery, flaky pie crust filled with rich and creamy pumpkin spice filling and topped with delicious Maple whipped cream. This easy pumpkin pie recipe is the perfect addition to your fall dessert table!
Servings 10 servings
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup grade A or B
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped and seeds removed (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Roll out one piece of chilled dough on a floured work surface. Roll the dough from the center to the edge, turning the dough until you have a circle of about 12 inches in diameter turning and flouring the dough as needed to make sure it does not stick to the board.
Carefully ease the pie crust into a 10- or 11-inch pie plate, making sure not to stretch the dough at all, or it will shrink as the pie bakes. With a sharp knife, cut the excess dough off at the edge of the pie plate. Fold the edge under and crimp the edge with either your fingers or the tines of a fork. You can reserve the other piece of pie dough or use it for cut-out decorations for the pie.
Place the unbaked pie crust on a baking sheet. Line the pie crust with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans.
Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Remove the pie from the oven and carefully remove the weights or beans by lifting the parchment paper. With a fork, prick holes all around the bottom crust and return to the oven. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
TO PREPARE THE FILLING:
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they are light-colored and fluffy. Stir in the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, orange zest, cream and milk and mix until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
Pour the filling into the baked pie shell. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the filling is just set in the middle (a skewer inserted in the center should come out clean).
Remove the pie from the oven and set on a rack to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
About The Pie Crust
This pie crust recipe makes enough dough for two 10-inch single crust pies. You can store the additional crust for later use or use the dough for the pie decorations.
- This pie crust recipe makes enough dough for two 10-inch single crust pies (or one 10-inch double crust pie). You can store the additional pie crust for later use, or use the dough for the pie decorations.
- Make sure you don't over bake the pie. The center will be a little wobbly but it will set while your pumpkin pie cools.
- You can substitute the spices in the recipe with about 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice.
- To make the pie decorations, roll out the dough to about 1/8-inch thick and cut into any shape with cookie cutters. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 806IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg