Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
This Lemon Poke Cake is super easy to make and has a nice balance of sweetness and bright citrus flavor. This Poke Cake recipe is made with tender moist cake, luscious lemon curd pudding and it's topped with sweet whipped topping.
Servings 12 servings
- 1 White Cake - plus the ingredients needed to make the cake according to package directions.
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
Lemon Pudding Layer
- 1 1/3 cup Lemon curd
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 cups thawed cool whip topping
- Thin lemon slices (optional)
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Stir in 2 teaspoons of lemon zest and bake in a 9 x 13 baking pan until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
When the cake has finished baking, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Poke holes down through the cake using the handle of a large wooden spoon. Holes should be at about 1- inch intervals.
Lemon Curd & Lemon Pudding Layer
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk until well combined. Stir the lemon curd into the pudding and mix until smooth.
Pour the pudding mixture over the top of the cake, making sure it sinks into all of the holes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the pudding has set.
- Instead of a sheet cake, you can also make cupcakes. Just follow the cake mix directions for baking cupcakes.
- This cake can be stored in the refrigerator tightly covered for up to 3 days.
- This cake freezes well.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg