Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
This Blueberry Pancakes recipe makes the best and fluffiest blueberry pancakes. This easy pancake recipe can be made with milk or buttermilk and with fresh or frozen blueberries. Serve it with butter and/or syrup for the absolute best blueberry breakfast treat!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Butter or cooking spray for greasing the griddle or pan
- butter and syrup for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the buttermilk (or milk), sugar, eggs, vanilla, and oil (or butter) and whisk just until combined. Do not overmix the batter to prevent the pancakes from becoming tough and dense. Gently stir in the fresh blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, add them directly on top of the batter while cooking (see notes).
Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle (about 5 minutes). Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or butter.
For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Flip and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the griddle or pan and serve with butter and syrup.
- Frozen blueberries don't need to be thawed. However, I like to take the blueberries out of the freezer about 10 minutes before I start making the pancakes just to make sure they are not frozen rock solid when added to the batter.
- To prevent the batter from turning blue, instead of mixing in the frozen blueberries into the batter, simply add them while you are cooking the pancakes. Pour the batter on the griddle, pan or skillet and immediately add a handful of frozen berries directly on top of the uncooked batter.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 274mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 2mg