Southwest Couscous Salad
This flavorful Southwest Couscous Salad is loaded with black beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers and tossed with a simple and tasty cilantro lime vinaigrette.
Servings 6 servings
For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For The Couscous Salad
- 1 box Near East®Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels see notes
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes. halved or quartered
In a medium saucepan, combine the broth, olive oil and the contents of Near East Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive spice sack. Bring to a boil and stir in the couscous. Cover, remove from the stove and let it sit for 5 minutes. After this time, simply fluff the couscous with a fork and allow to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, cumin, salt, black pepper, olive oil and cilantro until well combined. (see notes)
Combine the couscous, corn, bell peppers, black beans, cucumbers and tomatoes in a large bowl.
Pour the vinaigrette over the couscous salad and stir to combine. Serve.
- You can use cooked fresh corn kernels, frozen corn (thawed) or canned corn (drained). Roasted canned corn can be used as well.
- You can place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Couscous Salad can be served immediately but tastes even better if you let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- This salad can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 2 - 3 days.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg