Korean Beef Rice Bowl
This Korean Beef is savory, sweet and a bit spicy. This delicious and simple ground beef recipe is very easy to make, budget friendly and ready in 20 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
The Beef Bowl
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Reserve.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it into crumbles for about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
Pour the sauce over the beef and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring as needed.
Serve over hot rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Drain off some of the fat you rendered from the ground beef if needed.
- You can substitute ground ginger if you don't have fresh. Use between 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger.
- Use pure sesame oil also known as roasted sesame oil. It is darker in color and more flavorful than regular sesame oil.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and will vary depending on the brand of ingredients used.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 492mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.4mg